Investigations, appeals by security officials, and the comprehensive plan of Support for Belarus.
Results of the work of the Office of Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya for February 15-21:
– Tsikhanouskaya held a series of calls with the local communities to strengthen and secure the street movement for future actions and protests.
– Tsikhanouskaya appointed Alexander Shlyk as a Special Representative on Elections. He shared his plans for this post in an interview with TUT.by.
– The head of the Cabinet of Tsikhanouskaya Valery Kavaleuski addressed the law enforcement officers: “We are not supporters of sweeping lustrations and persecution of the innocent”. The flow of security officials who turned to ByPol increased after the appeal.
– Tsikhanouskaya held online meetings with doctors, volunteers, and the mother of 17-year-old political prisoner Vital Prokharau.
– Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya's office works with the European Commission on the comprehensive plan of support for a democratic Belarus. The plan will include visa-free regime, macroeconomic assistance and special trading conditions. This will help stabilize the situation in the country after Lukashenka leaves.
– Olga Shparaga, representative of Tsikhanouskaya for education, reported that 12 repressed teachers from Belarus received work in Lithuania.
– Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya spoke at an online meeting dedicated to the 46th session of the Human Rights Council with the participation of UN Special Rapporteur Anaïs Marin and Danish Foreign Minister Jeppe Kofod. An international investigation mechanism will be launched soon.
– Tsikhanouskaya discussed the solution of the crisis in Belarus with Biden's adviser and Lithuania's Foreign Minister and called on the EU together with the United States for coordinated assistance to Belarusians.
– Tsikhanouskaya urged to celebrate the Day of Heroes of Change on February 23 instead of the imposed old “holiday.”
– Tsikhanouskaya read a general dictation on the occasion of Mother Language Day. The broadcast with the dictation will start at 6 pm on the YouTube channel.
– The United States adopted sanctions against 43 Belarusian officials, the UK — against 27. “This is a confirmation that the world is monitoring the situation in Belarus”, commented Valery Kavaleuski.
– Within the framework of the Strategy for the victory of Belarusians, an online platform is being prepared for launching, where everyone can join the movement.
– Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya's cabinet published international policy priorities for 2021.
– Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya made several calls in Clubhouse, answered questions from Belarusians on Instagram and talked to Anton Radnenkou and Ivan Krautsou on Instagram live.
– Proposals have been sent to European structures to include judges and prosecutors who consider political prisoners' cases in the sanctions lists. Belarus's issue was included in the EU Foreign Council's agenda in February, and sanctions could be adopted in March.21 February 2021 в 15:20