Any Belarusian can join the Movement and choose from numerous options to resist the war and Belarus' regime.
Here is an overview of the Movement for the week of July 11-17.
Support for Ukrainians and Belarusians
- On 11 July in New York, a delegation of the Office of Sviatlana Tsikhanouskay presented an alternative report on the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in Belarus to the diplomatic corps at the UN. On July 12, representatives of the Belarusian Ministry of Foreign Affairs were going to present the Voluntary National Review (VNR). The goal was to prevent the regime from invoking its international obligations in an attempt to avoid accountability for human rights violations, as well as to prevent it from receiving funding that would be used for strengthening the dictatorship.
- A petition was created on the website of the President of Ukraine to provide Belarusians and Russians who lived on the territory of Ukraine before martial law was imposed with an opportunity to obtain a residence permit/permanent residence to continue their legal stay on the territory of Ukraine.
- iSANS together with the head of the Cabinet of Representatives Valery Kavaleuski held a closed briefing in New York for the member states of the UN Security Council on the role of Lukashenka’s regime in the aggression against Ukraine.
- The International Accountability Platform for Belarus that collects data on torture continues its work. The mandate of the project, which includes 18 Belarusian and international NGOs, has been extended for another 15 months. The reason is still the critical situation of human rights in Belarus.
- Belarusians in Warsaw, Wroclaw, Bialystok, Krakow, Szczecin, Berlin, Tallinn, Bydgoszcz came out to anti-war demonstrations in support of Belarusians and Ukrainians.
- The air reconnaissance unit of the Pahonia regiment, which will serve in the 1st Separate Special Purpose Brigade named after Ivan Bohunorces, spoke about purchased drones, tactical medicine equipment, two pickup trucks and a minibus. The funds for them were raised by Belarusians.
- More than 500 people from 29 countries signed the Anti-War Declaration of members of the Olympic Movement and the international sports family. Among them are 42 Olympic and Paralympic champions.
- Belarusians of Chyzhouka Minsk region came out to the demonstration on the 700th day of protests.
- Belarusians in Dziarzhynsk reminded: Russians are not our mates.
- Barauliany came out in support of political prisoner Katsiaryna Andreyeva.
- Residents of Slonim honored the memory of Ivan Marchuk, a fallen soldier of the Kalinouski regiment.
- Vaukavysk mourns together with Ukraine.
- The Hajun monitoring project, which tracks the movements of Russian troops in Belarus, explained how Ukrainians and Belarusians from different countries can help Belarusians and Belarusian political prisoners.
- A new issue of underground leaflet Word of Belarusians tells about the lies of the Russian Ministry of Defence, letters from political prisoners and the famine that Putin wants to arrange for the world.
- Belarusian IT specialists created a platform to sell drawings of little Ukrainians at whom bombs are flying every day.
- A new issue of the Protestnaya Belarus underground leaflet covers the war, the conviction of Katsiaryna Andreyeva, the default, the genocide, and the shortage of medical workers in Belarus.
- The new issue of the Belarusski Vestnik tells about Lukashenka's criminal business, a lover of alcohol and prostitutes, who teaches at the Military Academy of Belarus, etc.
- The leaflet Protest Homiel features news about business and food security in Belarus, demolition of the Dolphin swimming pool, etc.
- Belarusians distribute underground media to counter the regime's propaganda.
#BelarusWithUkraine18 July 2022 в 00:18